Mussels Herb Butter
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Mussels (2 kg)
- 3 thin leeks (cut in semi-rings)
- 3 carrots (cut in thin slices)
- 2 tablespoons of dry white wine
- 6 dried juniper berries
Mussels with Garlic Butter
- Wash and check mussels thoroughly. Remove broken shells and discard the ones that do not close after a firm tap.
- Melt 60g of herb butter in a mussel or frying pan. Braise the leek and carrot in said pan for 3-4 minutes on low heat. Add wine, juniper berries and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil. Add the mussels into the pan and cook over a high heat with the lid on. Shake occasionally. Drain the mussels and put the herb butter in the pan. Shake the pan a few times until all the mussels are covered by butter.
RECIPES with Herb Butter
Discover more than 100 recipes with